General dentistry—being a general dentist does allow us to do any type of treatment that we feel qualified to do, or have the experience to do. That can involve treating children, treating adults, we can do prosthetics, we can replace teeth, we can remove teeth, do some interceptive orthodontics. There are many services that we can provide as a general dentist, where those that are specialists will concentrate in one area of expertise.
Our doctors at North Bay Dental strive to provide exceptional care to the families of our community. Our entire team of Racine, WI dental professionals works to uphold their high standards as we offer you important general dentistry that can protect more than your smile. It can also help you:
- Guard against bone loss in your jaw
- Decrease your chances of developing pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses
- Reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke
- Gain greater control over your blood sugar if you have diabetes
- Prevent fungal infections like thrush from interrupting your life
The cornerstone of preventing tooth decay and gum disease is a combination of oral hygiene and fluoride treatment. In addition to brushing, flossing, and using an antiseptic rinse, be sure to visit us at least every six months for dental cleanings and exams.
We’ll be able to detect any signs of damage long before they cause you pain. And with a strong fluoride treatment from one of our hygienists, your teeth will be ready to tackle plaque.
Get reliable general dentistry at our Racine, WI dentist office in a setting that feels like spending time with an old family friend. Call us today at 262-417-7326.
Protect Smiles With Nonsurgical Gum Disease Treatment And Dry Mouth Solutions
Only 30 percent of Americans floss daily, so it’s not uncommon for us to develop gum disease as we age. Bleeding gums and sensitive teeth could be signs it’s time to come in for treatment. When you ignore gum disease, it only gets worse. If you have had painful or bleeding gums for a while, you could have periodontitis. This is a condition with serious repercussions:
- “Pockets” of infection where your gums have separated from your teeth
- Destruction of gum tissue from toxins in bacterial plaque
- Loss of bone and gum tissue resulting in loss of teeth
Because gum disease has few symptoms – sometimes none – it’s important to visit North Bay Dental regularly so that our team can stop it in its tracks. Our Racine, WI dentists offer nonsurgical gum disease treatment called scaling and root planing. We’ll send bacteria on its way by:
- Smoothing out any rough spots on your teeth that bacteria can cling to
- Clearing out any bacteria hiding out in the pockets of space between your teeth and gums
- Filling those pockets with Arestin®, an antibiotic that has ongoing bacteria-battling capabilities
Dry mouth can do more than cause you discomfort; it can also increase tooth decay. When your mouth is dry, your teeth are not benefiting from the natural cleansing effect of saliva. Ask us about how XyliMelts can relieve painful symptoms and help prevent decay.
Get Top Notch General Dentistry For All Ages And Stages
Preventive dentistry isn’t just for adults whose teeth have experienced wear and tear. Keeping your children’s teeth clean and protected will not only preserve their teeth into adulthood, but will also save them the pain of cavities! Guard against injury, too, by getting your young athlete a custom-made athletic mouthguard at the start of every season.